Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Random Post 8

It is actually quite interesting how I got into the animation field.  As a kid, I had two absolute favorite cartoons:  Pokemon and SpongeBob.

I watch Pokemon even now, and it is actually what inspired me to learn how to draw.  My dad helped me a lot, being a bit of an artist himself, aand I got books to show how to draw as well.  Because Pokemon was one of the only things I drew as a kid, it is why some of my characters bear a resemblence to Pokemon. This can be a problem, as those the designs for my characters were inspired by Pokemon, they are in no way based off of or associated with Pokemon.  Yet everyone, when seeing them for the first time, ask me. "What Pokemon is that?"

This is the main reason I sought out for a more "traditional" western dragon look when it came to redesigning my characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment