Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mentorship

Literal

Mentorship hours and descriptions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R865rEvO8H7YXgulHTjdk87ycBhw0RoMvlb3VWjN9D4/edit
Contact 1: Delia Fance – (626) 578-1587
Contact 2: Michael M. Barbin – (909)465-9978

Contact 3: Heidi Clauss – (951) 295-1737  

Contact 4: Shawn Bruce – (626) 396-2347

Interpretive

The most important thing I learned from my experience with mentorship came from my time spent at Duncan Studio in Pasadena over the summer.  I was surrounded by and even had the chance to meet the entire animation crew, who then allowed me to witness the complete process of character design for animation, from pencil to computer.  I did not realize that there were various artists that specialize in the various stages of the development process, much like an assembly line.  One of the most interesting things I was able to see were the model sheets for certain characters, such as Kung Fu Panda and Minnie Mouse.  These observations inspired what would later become my second answer to my EQ, which were Model sheets and Concept art.

Applied
The Animation Team at Duncan Studio helped me understand that the most important method of character construction was “knowing your character.” This basically means understanding your character from the inside out, knowing how the act and feel.  They shared with me how the emotions and personality of a character dictate their physical appearance and design concepts.  This is why I believe my 3P’s is the best answer to my EQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment